Sunday, November 1, 2009

DelCastle Craft Show, Equestrian Card

My friend, Melissa Fulgham and I, will be participating in our first craft show this Saturday at DelCastle Technical School, Wilmington, Delaware. I'm excited about some of products I'm debuting.

For years I've been planning on developing a series of equestrian cards and pages for my daughter, so I grab any equestrian (English style) stamps I stumble across. While most of the cards I'll be showcasing at the craft show are Christmas-oriented, I couldn't help myself when I saw a preview debut of this equestrian stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. I ordered it on Wednesday, the stamp arrived Friday and I spent most of Friday night and Saturday crafting the stamps.

On this card (I have three sets of 5 notecards priced at $20 per set). In this case, I used an ochre 4"x5.5" card base. The second level is Aeropostale parchment cardstock on which I used Boxer Scrapbook Production's English Rider Limited Edition Stamp. These are
smaller than normal stamps and are ideal for inchies or background stamping.

For this background paper, I used the ribbon, dressage horse and "equestrian" word element. I added a bit of bling to the stamped ribbon with a dollop of Stickles. The blue framing is Close to My Heart's Moonstruck cardstock. The top layer stamp is from Cornish Heritage Farm's Saturday Evening Post collection. This is called "Horse and Rider Girl/Lady and was released on October 27th.

After stamping the horse and rider, I experimented with Copic markers, Waterman watercolors, and watercolor pencils to enhance the detail. General Kimberly watercolor pencies 704 Brown and 715 black worked best.

I used three colors in my stamping: Close to My Heart's Chocolate, Vineyard Berry and Moonstruck. I chalked each layer's edges with Moonstruck. I'm pleased with the outcome and plan to experiment more with this stamp.

Check back later for more projects that I'll be featuring at next week's craft show.

No comments:

Post a Comment