Thursday, July 9, 2009

Great American Scrapbooking Convention










The last weekend of June I got to enjoy two incredible days with my son, his wife, our grandbaby, and regional scrapbooking artists who attended the Great American Scrapbooking Convention in Chantilly, Virginia. One of my favorites was an Interactive Stamping workshops from Stamps By Judith (http://www.stampsbyjudith.com/). The above 12"x12" scrapbook page was created wth a solid heart stamp (for the butterflies and ladybugs), a solid flower, a snowflake, mini dots, a haypile, a sprig and a stick weed. We started by tearing a piece of paper in an irregular shape leaving a ragged edge. Then we placed it over the bottom of the cardstack and stamped off the edge of the torn paper. I loved the artistic approach. The cards were equally challenging and artistic. Of course, I did have to purchase some of their stamps . . . mainly the ones that we used in the workshop.I hope I have the chance to take another of Heather's workshops in the future. My husband just reminded me that it's time to retire for the evening, so I'll try to share more tomorrow. Have a great day.
Diane








No comments:

Post a Comment