Friday, July 10, 2009

GASC: Expand It Techniques



SEI's Expand It -- Techniques was one of the first workshops I took at the Great American Scrapbooking Convention on Friday morning. Until the Stamps By Judith and Heather, it was my favorite workshop. We literally made a mini album from a single sheet of cardstock which we scored and creatively fold and adhered it to the design. The second piece was a pop-out design using creative folds for pictures and journaling. These are definitely techniques that I can incorporate into my Close to My Heart project base. My last workshop was also an SEI invention. It was a stamping in albums techniques workshop and the poorest of the five I took that weekend. Although it was billed as a stamping techniques workshop, we were told that the SEI bosses said they couldn't afford to have stamps available for every person. A fast-paced workshop in which participants were expected to complete 20 12"x12" scrapbook pages in 2 hours, there was much scrambling and little learning. The emphasis was on finishing pages rather than learning techniques. So, SEI earned high marks for the technique-driven workshop and low marks for the productivity-driven workshop. The half-done scrapbooking kit remains in a box in my craftroom. With so many projects on my plate, I have no idea when and if I'll return to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment