Saturday, April 10, 2010

Scrapbook in a Year - Cover and Janaury

One of my "great" ideas this year was to start a Scrapbook in a Year workshop. I have a small following but hope that others might grab onto the idea next year. Just imagine, if we can do two pages a month chronicling the events and milestones we've just passed through, we would have a 24-page scrapbook by the end of the year! How cool is that?

This was my 2009 cover (that I'm using for examples) and features some developmental pictures of our grandbaby who was born in October 2008.

Of course, this scrapbook features Close to My Heart products. My pages will be using some Twilight, Desert Sand and/or chocolate, so I'm picking papers that reflect some element of those colors.
     My first project after the cover was our first snow in January 2009. One of my December pages must, for the sake of symmetry, reflect our last of 2009 which was a humdinger and a harbinger of our January/Februrary blizzards in 2010.
     I've been virtually obsessed with snowflakes for the last couple of years and have been punching small and large flakes from photo paper scraps. A bit of crystal for sparkle and glitter for bling brought much-needed color to our first snow of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment