Monday, June 25, 2012

Circles Up!


Sometimes you stumble across a project that you just have to scraplift! This is mine. I finally came up with a name for it -- Circles Up! I stumbled across the layout on www.spottedcanary.com in the "All About Me" section of scrapbooking projects. Brittny Kvilhaug actually submitted the project on Feb 13, this year. Of course, I made lots of changes, but you can certainly recognize the inspiration of it all. Now all I have to do is decide whether or not to add a second page to the layout . . . As far is journaling is concerned, I would cut a small circle in vellum, journal and adhese.

This is a great little project that took me more time to photograph than build. It offers opportunities to demonstrate for cutting circles (punches, vs electronic die cuts, vs hand cutting, vs gadget cutting, etc.), creating faux lace edging, and decorative scoring. In other words, with a few minor adjustments, this could end up on my class schedule on our website (www.scrappigators.com)

As far as products are concerned, I used the Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" paper pack for the circles and flourish, Bazzill Vintage Pink as my cardstock base, for the top flourish, and for the larger circle designed to hold a round photo, and Bazzill Berry Blush for the top piece of cardstock. My lace edging was torn from a Wilton doily sponged with Close To My Heart's Cotton Candy Exclusive Inks. I cut the smaller circles using the Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, the larger circle and two fourishes from Close To My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut carrtridge and the "Dream" title with Cricut's Sophisticated Cartridge. I added extra "bling" by placing self-adhesive faux pearls on the flourishes and at the scored intersections. Of course, Close To My Heart products are available on http://dianecook.myctmh.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment