Saturday, March 13, 2010

Operation Welcome Home

These 4 ½” x 5” cards are for: Operation Welcome Home Maryland. This organization includes handcrafted cards in their "welcome home" packages for servicemen and women returning from overseas assignments. Operating of BWI, they greeted 42,088 returning servicemembers in 2009. My personal goal is to make a minimum of 25 cards per month. 
      While not all cardmakers like to include an inside sentiment, I do. I also like to stamp the matching envelopes. Operation Welcome Home Maryland doesn't require envelopes. The first card reflects both the card cover and the inside message. I normal stamp the inside before building the card.
      I made 24 of these cars using CTMH products. I used Cocoa cardstock (X5642) on a white card base and Desert Sand (1273) for the helmut base. Much to my disappointment, I ran out of my cocoa cardstock . . . and I didn’t even have any chocolate on hand to substitute! I also CTMH Exclusive Inks Cocoa (Z2114), Vanilla Cream (Z2169) and New England Ivy (Z2135).
     I used the following CTMH Stamps:
  • Welcome Home (D1370) 
  • Around the Block (D1377)
  • For Every Occasion (D1187)
  • Hero’s Pride (C1315)
  • Just Like You (C1300)
  • Dainty Thoughts (C1350)

     I used my stippling tool from our Texture Tools set (Z1298) for my background on the second card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment