Monday, February 22, 2010

Triple the Scraps: Home


Home can be many things to many people. In the stages of our the David Cook family, it’s been a honeymoon hideaway, a nursery, a zoo, a boy-scouts headquarters, a newspaper office, a departure point, a ministry headquarters and personal business office, and now it’s also our church. But years ago, we made the commitment that “for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord.” We meant it then and we mean it now. The top scripture from 1 Timothy reminds us of the importance of family ministry. Our children know they can come home if they need to; home will always be open. How can we expect our heavenly home to be opened when we turn our backs on family?

This is our fourth Triple the Scraps challenge. Again, I used all Close to My Heart products: I built the project on White Daisy cardstock using the November 2009 Stamp of the Month – D1377 “Around the Block. I added a touch of desert sand paper to the door and then framed the windows with a Desert Sand marker (Z2318). I also used Vineyard Berry and Heavenly Blue ink pads and markers. I used our Z282 Hemp to hang the first scripture and a Stubble Tool which is part of our Z1298 Texture Tool set to stipple the signage. I chalked the edges of the house with Vineyard Berry using the foam tool which is also part of the texture set and chalked the signs with Z2105 Black ink.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This looks to good to be paper! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's hanging on a photo stand by my computer. Our local A.C. Moore just started carrying some of the 7 Gypsies products, so (with 40% off coupon in hand), I purchased their last 4"x6" photo stand. When my husband asked me where I was going to put my dispaly pages, I told him that it inspires me, so I would put it where I could see it every day. This is a good thing since the 1 Timothy 5:8 scripture has been the right word for several people I've encountered since my "stand" purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    This is a great LO. I love it! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete