Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pet Pages

I finished my 2-page pet pages spread using CTMH products last night. Though I hadn't planned on it, I this turned out to be another "Tickled Pink" project since we opted to use papers from that kit.
The first page features Tally and Bo. The letters "we love" are 2 1/2" high using the Making Memories Slice, "Teen Just Chillin' " alphabet fonts. I used a Crystal Blue textured cardstock, which the slice had some difficulting cutting all the way through, so I had to spend some extra time getting them out. The photo tag was topped with a CTMH White Daisy Organdy Ribbon, 1/4" wide. I also embellished with a doggie bone tag from my stash. Since I planned on a large journaling tag on the other side, I opted to use numbered photos to help identify which picture I was talking about. The bottom half of the page is free-stamped dots in Exclulsive Inks Crystal Blue, Blush and Leaf Green. I used Hollyhock to stamp the photo numbers. I used Crystal Blue cardstock and the Tickled Pink glitter striped paper from the set. The strip between the top and bottom pieces, the tags and photo frames are white textured cardstock which I "pounced" with Exclusive Inks leaf green. I created "tag toppers" with the striped and crystal blue scraps.


I decided to use the layout guide from CTMH's Reflections Scrapbook Program by Jeanette R. Lynton. This is the "Triple Play -- Tagline 7b" which is on page 95. Since my daughter-in-law was cropping with me and has more pets than we do, I decided that a two-page spread would afford us more room to journal and capture our memories. So, we mirrored the first page to create the second. That also meant that we could use the remaining background papers. I showcased our kitten, Daisy, and our daughter's dog, Saddie (a.k.a Sadie or Sadie Lou). I made a few errors in my journaling which I tried to correct. If I find the time, I may try to recreate the tag and redo it, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.


I am using these projects as a foundation for a "pet pages" day-long workshop I plan to offer locally in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment